First day of Idris
Apr. 6th, 2012 04:06 pmWe've finally found time to make a start on Idris today, and a refreshed look at the materials, I'm not feeling too great about putting it together. Despite all the reference pictures, the fabrics aren't enough of a match for me, but I think it's a case of making the best of a bad situation at the moment. My reference pictures have been a mixture of the actual dress, other people's Idris dresses, and a little creative license.

As you can see, at the moment it has a line running through it, and that was what put me off the material, but now we're unstitching that part (as you can see at the top), and it's looking a lot better now. The picture makes it look blacker than it actually is, but it's grey
These fabrics are the ones that are going to go under the bottom of the skirt (which is pre-bought and hanging up, I forgot to get a photo of it.

The colours don't look very accurate as far as some of the reference pictures I've seen, but on closer inspection, there is definitely a reddish/orange shade there. And then for the tie-around sash?

This is my favourite part at the moment, and hopefully once it's cut, it'll look great. For the thicker ties at the front, I'm planning on splitting it, and plaiting it tightly.

As you can see, at the moment it has a line running through it, and that was what put me off the material, but now we're unstitching that part (as you can see at the top), and it's looking a lot better now. The picture makes it look blacker than it actually is, but it's grey
These fabrics are the ones that are going to go under the bottom of the skirt (which is pre-bought and hanging up, I forgot to get a photo of it.

The colours don't look very accurate as far as some of the reference pictures I've seen, but on closer inspection, there is definitely a reddish/orange shade there. And then for the tie-around sash?

This is my favourite part at the moment, and hopefully once it's cut, it'll look great. For the thicker ties at the front, I'm planning on splitting it, and plaiting it tightly.